Project Manager / Coordinator
PIs: Michela Carlana (Harvard Kennedy School), Matti Sarvimäki (Aalto University School of Business), Mikko Silliman (Harvard Graduate School of Education) and Marco Tabellini (Harvard Business School)
We are looking for a project manager / coordinator with good social and quantitative skills and knowledge of Finnish to work from August 2021 to May 2022 (with a possibility for an extension) on the research project “Teachers at Work: Preventing Social Exclusion of Immigrants”. The position is parttime and the job title (manager vs coordinator) and compensation depends on candidate’s qualifications and experience. The position may be augmented with other projects for candidates looking for full-time employment. The project evaluates the impact of two innovative interventions developed and implemented by the non-profit NGO Walter ry. The evaluation will be conducted as a randomized field experiment in 92 Finnish elementary schools in collaboration with the Centre for Learning Analytics at the University of Turku and Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (Karvi). The position is funded by JPAL’s European Social Inclusion Initiative (ESII) and will be based at Aalto University (Espoo, Finland).
• Oversee and coordinate field research activities
• Clean and manage datasets• Conduct statistical analyses of data using Stata or R
• Prepare literature reviews, background research, and project reports for participating schools.
• Strong academic record in Economics, Public Policy, or related field requiring substantial quantitative coursework
• Strong interest in public policy, education economics research and randomized control trials
• Strong Finnish and English oral and written communication skills• Command of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience in programming in Stata or R
• Master-level coursework in Economics and Econometrics
• Prior experience on RA work
• Proficiency in programming in Stata
How to Apply
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In the subject line, put “ESII Project Manager – [your first and last name]”
(e.g., “ESII Project Manager – Maija Meikäläinen”).
• Attach the following documents:
– Cover letter (max one page) and CV
– Unofficial transcript(s) of your completed coursework
– Optional: contact info for references, Stata do file you have written, writing samples (e.g. thesis, course project) preferably one in Finnish and another in English
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis starting in the week of May 10th. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
More details: https://bit.ly/3egir0L